Pages

Friday, August 8

growing pains

When I decided to embrace this ambiguity, I was unprepared for how isolated I would become. I, silly me, expected those around me to be able to see the opportunity for growth, no matter what the growing pains looked like, and accept the choices I make for myself. Apparently, I was wrong.

My closest friend appears to be MIA. And those who I trust and love feel the need to chide me.

Perhaps it's time that these roads diverged. I'm hoping my choices aren't a driving wedge between them though. I admit that it could be, though it seems weird that something so disconnected from them, would affect them in such a way. It makes me feel like I'm being judged. Like these choices aren't good enough, fair enough, and therefore neither am I.

I'm adult. I walked into this eyes wide open, and I understand what and why I'm doing what I'm doing. I wish only that they could too, and love me through it.

No comments: