Pages

Wednesday, April 9

baaaah

This is really weird. I'm watching this lady, as she asks questions about a particular service, nodding her head, registering for an account, furrowing her brow as if all of this information being spewed toward her is new. And the strange part about it, is I know it's not. About a month ago, I clearly remember her coming in and asking questions, nodding her head, registering the same account for the same service, prior to leaving on a family vacation.

Perhaps she had trouble using it? Then why not just come in and explain that she was stupid and ask for help? Perhaps she forgot? Then why, earlier this week, did she refer to our conversation previously when I was helping her another day?

I present to you the mom. The woman who has so little adult interaction she will fake interest in something she has heard, sometimes greater than, a million times simply to hold a conversation that is not interrupted by boogers or poop or otherwise child things.

I know I have raved about my own desires to be a mother one day. But not this kind, the other kind. The kind that can take their kids to a coffeeshop because I know they will be so well-behaved that it won't be a public affairs issue. Or the kind that has lived life to the extent that a child is an addition, a plus, rather than a distraction and problem I must deal with.

BTW: I don't think I've told you yet. I'm going to be an aunt! I'm so excited. Those are the best kind of kids--the ones that come to visit for a week in the summer and then leave but call to say they miss you the rest of the year.

Oh, and I know there has been little substance and more whining and moaning lately to this blog. Love me anyway and I promise it will get better.

No comments: