Pages

Saturday, March 8

Week Ends

Well...so my head is filled with knowledge now, my butt in finally in something comfortable (sweats) and I went on my "date" and managed not to make too much of an idiot of myself. I think.

This week has been kind of a whirlwind. And now it's over, only to start again in a mere 36 or so hours. First...the good stuff.
So I was so very vague about this date for good reason. I had met this individual briefly. In a way. Sort of. You remember that time...when I was blogging about that thing...eHarmony? Well he was the first match that I got all matched with, the one that I decided I could maybe be interested enough in to pony up the money to pay for the service (if you can call it that) and continue talking to him (if you can call it that). He lives around here, actually, creepily close to where I work, and it's weird how how our lives cross so much of the same territory and we've never met. Anyway...I pooped out and quit the EH gig, emailed him and let him know that if he ever wanted to hang out, he could email me. A month or more went by when I didn't hear from him, and honestly I never really expected to. So I was surprised when earlier this week I got an email from him asking if I wanted to meet up. I thought...why not? This is the first week off I've had in SIX WEEKS! and I want to do something fun. Meeting new people is fun, lets do it. (you dirty birdies....)

Fast Forward....so we meet at the movies, he hugs me when we finally find each other (sweet!), opens the door, (cute!) and pays for my movie ticket (WHAT!). I wasn't sure how to classify this whole thing, and I still don't want to think of it as a date in case we do hang out again and he didn't think of it as a date, but I am keeping track. The movie was good, he was kind of shy and quiet and I talked a lot because I was a little nervous. I did the weird giggle-laugh at your own jokes. At least I'm not so self-conscious I stop myself, I just realize I'm being a dork and go with it. Anyway. We went out for a beer afterwards, and he started talking, ended up being really funny, kind of sweet and I can tell has a lot of interests but I think is kind of quiet about them. Again, he opened the door, and waited for me. I didn't think I liked that kind of thing; maybe it depends on the person who is opening the door. Whether it comes across as sincere service, or an act of chivalry. I don't like chivalry as much as service from the heart.

We'll see if he calls or emails again.

But overall, it was fun. It was a good end to a rough week. I was sick for most of it, had way too much school work that I just flat out didn't do, and I think I finally hit the wall with school. Everyone else in my cohort has been stressed for a while, and I think I'm starting to feel it. Tomorrow will be spent doing a week's worth of reading/writing for my online class, and hopefully getting it all done in time so I can do some laundry. I need to do some serious maintenance. I don't even have time to clean teh bathroom or move my books. I still have a To-Do list from January I'm still working on. Ugh.

No comments: