Pages

Monday, September 22

Pants

The weather has finally decided to take a turn toward crisp. While it's been below a hundred for the last few weeks, it's still been too warm for any more than a layer or two. I'm excitedly awaiting the day when I wake up because my sheets have that cool spot near my toes, and I have to kick my toes as if I was swimming, just to warm the sheets enough for those toes to settle there.

So, in preparation for cooler weather, I need pants. Not just any pants you see. I need non-denim, professional pants that say both "Obey me," and "I'm cool, I'm approachable." That's a tough feat.

You see, I begin Student Teaching in a few short weeks, and while I feel like I've addressed this previously, the dress code in the school is um...boring. I can't wear jeans, except on Fridays, and because I'm going straight from the school to work, these pants are going to need to work as hard as I do. And still appear feminine. 'Work Pants' has a construction-worker-I'm-going-to-get-dirty connotation to me. Anyway, I kind of forgot where I was going with this. I guess the moral of this story is I need pants.

I want to go to the pumpkin patch.

No comments: