Pages

Monday, May 19

Roxie

I am so excited!

I got a bike for my birthday...actually I got it the day after, but who's counting hours, right? It was a gift from my parents, and it is so perfect. It's bubblegum pink, a retro cruiser style with sweet handle bars, and a soon-to-be-in-place basket (that I still have to buy.) The kicker? A bell with a sticker that says " I love my mom." How great?!?

Today after work, I rode the couple of blocks to the nearest formerly-mormon-owned grocery chain, just to ride it on the street. Riding up the back alleys, down the sidewalk and cutting through traffic on my sweet cruiser was so much fun. I felt like a little girl again; I felt like I should have a Popsicle stain on my chin and pigtails sweeping my sunburned shoulders. It made me reminiscent of summers when I would ride my bike up and down the street, begging my mom to let me make the bigger loop around the neighborhood that would take me out of her sight.

I can't wait for summer. I'm feeling some awesome coming on!

Now, if only someone doesn't steal it.

No comments: