Pages

Tuesday, March 18

On my mind

I got a pretty great haircut today. And I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for it. Granted the last one (which did warrent said limbs) came with some pretty fabulous color too. But instead this one came with a small town Idaho education.

My hairstylist is Born and Raised Boise. And the topic of this particular lip-lashing took on welfare. For some reason, people of the twenty-something age around here don't seem to like to pay for other people's mistakes. Or misfortune. Depending on the situation I suppose. While I'm sure her experience is actually colored by having lived in this state, I was ill-prepared to respond to such a, in my opinion, narrow minded view of the world. Unfortunately, I am afraid that it is all too common, and all too easy to jump on the band wagon of "it's my money and not yours."

And it's also kind of sad that what I really want to blog about, I don't. Or won't. Maybe because I'm still hopeful that something will change. Maybe because I was so optimistic about it in the first place and shared it with you all, and now am embarrassed about it. Either way. It's been on my mind for the last few days, and I'm still waiting...

I downloaded some sweet stuff on iTunes on Sunday. I have still yet to buy any kind of MP3 player so I can listen to them while mobile. But it was really fun and kind of exhilarating just clicking and *whoa la* (how do you spell that?) I have music! I think I want to download some classic stuff. Although, most of it I could probably buy on a CD cheaper. We'll have to see.
Here is my wish list so far:

Billie Holiday
Ella Fitzgerald
Frank Sinatra
Harry Connick Jr.
Michael Buble
Goo Goo Dolls
Dave Matthews Band

So I know it's not all classic, so don't give $%!#. What would you add?

No comments: