Pages

Wednesday, February 13

Spring Fever

It has been so beautiful the past few days. It makes me want to bare my ankles, which I have begun the process of doing by bucking the socks, and run through tall grass. Unfortunately, the ground is still cold, the wind is coming up something fierce, and I'm reminded that it's still winter by the sly patches of ice that find themselves under my feet at really inopportune moments.

I don't know why I'm suddenly feeling the itch to run naked and free. Maybe not naked...scratch the naked...just the free...But I long to have the sweet smell of cut grass and sunshine curl into my nose, waking me from an early morning nap on some lazy summer day that I happened to have the extra time for.

Maybe it's nostalgia. Maybe it's spring fever. Maybe cabin fever. Or a little of all of it, mixed together to make me feel like I'm flaking into old age, curling over and dying with every day that I wake and don't take a running leap into that grass or pond or sunshine.

Oh, I love the sunshine.

No comments: