Pages

Friday, December 21

stronger

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Quite a few things, one in particular that I will refrain from speaking about.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I think that, in jest, I resolved to never make anymore resolutions. And I think I've stuck to that pretty well. I'll let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No

4. Did anyone close to you die? I don't think so. If they did I forgot. Look how caring I am...

5. What countries did you visit? Maybe my resolution will be to leave the country at least once a year. That would be a good idea.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Relationships that don't suck.

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The month of February, and July 1st, 2am. Totally unrelated to each other.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? If you could call it an acheivement, being accepted to GFU. I wouldn't.

9. What was your biggest failure? complete and utter lack of relationships...by way of failing at all of them.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing that is going to kill me tomorrow, unless I don't know it.

11. What was the best thing you bought? a lot of coffee

14. Where did most of your money go? rent, and gas, and coffee and completely useless things that I don't need.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Monastic living. I don't think I have succeeded. I have, however, become embittered toward my teacher, hurt by my friend, and left by them both in one. I'll keep trying.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007? No song. A lot of silence. Maybe if I hear it, and it makes me think "Ah! 2007" I'll change my mind.

Compared to this time last year, are you:

17. Thinner or fatter? about the same.

18. Richer or poorer? always in want for things I don't need

19. What do you wish you'd done more of? laughing

20. What do you wish you'd done less of? wishing

21. How will you be spending Christmas? upset, sad, and with family that doesn't know me.

22. Did you fall in love in 2007? Me???? yes

24. What was your favorite TV program? I didn't watch much tv. Although, men in trees is a pretty good show.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? no, but I do avoid some people simply because interaction with them is unnecessary and possibly hurtful.

26. What was the best book you read? I don't think I've gotten through a whole one still. I did learn how to crochet with the help of a couple books. Those were helpful.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? 94.9 the river--a rediscovery

28. What did you want and get? a car, actually a truck. And I love it.

29. What did you want and not get? I think I pretty much got everything I wanted. Now I just have to keep it.

30. What was your favorite film of this year? I really loved Lars and the real girl, and Into the wild. I saw both of them at The flicks, and it was such a great experience.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went out, think I got drunk, and ended up kissing some guy. Sounds about right. It was a phase...one that I might revisit sometime soon.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Living on my own, in my own apartment, with my own space and no bitchy roommates or backstabbing "friends." That probably would have done it.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Half post-undergrad-trying-to dress-like-I'm-not-in-school-while-still-appearing-young and half OMG-I'm-going-to-be-a-teacher-in-a-year-what-do-I-wear!

34. What kept you sane? A lot of alcohol, some good talks with people that don't talk to me anymore (hmmm...) and I started writing again. Here, and in journal form. It's been really good to get things out of me, and into the world and not care if there will be consequences. Just to express, and be expressed.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Kanya West. Gotta love a crazy man.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Education policy, and Idaho...as a whole.

37. Who did you miss? my best friend.

38. Who was the best new person you met? someone i work with
. It's good to know that at thirty, you can still be a little crazy-in-a-good-way, and have a continually renewing sense of wonder, and that it's good. So many people die as they get older, on the inside. I've been encouraged.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and, it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. often, they go hand in hand.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"Work it harder make it better,
do it faster makes us stronger,
more than ever, hour after
hour work is never over"

No comments: