Pages

Saturday, December 29

Experiential

So as promised a while back...I am updating the single-ness spot on here.

I was speaking with a coworker the other day, and it seemed to me that I have no had no social life to speak of. For quite some time. And while some of that is me pulling away from certain people, making time for others, and simply trying to figure out what it is that I want, I don't think that I should have NO social life simply because I am confused. Confused about commitments, friendships, choices. How am I going to make new any of those if I don't put myself out there a little. Take some risk. And find out what the results would be.

So that being said, I have a confession.

I signed up for eharmony.

I know I know. Let me explain. One of the relationships that I am so confused about currently, suggested to me somewhere around a year ago that the personality profile they offer would give one good insight into your own heart and mind. Even if you don't use it for the purposes of securing a date. I pondered over this for a few days, and then began to investigate. I signed up for my account, filled out the profile (as best I could, it's pretty grueling!) and giddily anticipated what this magic page of web could reveal to myself about myself.
And it was fairly accurate. It was more accurate on some counts than I would have liked it to have been. But it was still good to see: some confirmation that I can have good relationships, and the same modicum of confirmation that I generally don't for fear, ambition or some other characteristic of mine get in the way.

So...fast forward a year to yesterday, and I wandered my way back to my good ol' promisesunfulfilled, and turned my match settings to ON. I am now able to see people that are most "compatible" with me. And vice versa.

We'll see where it goes. I think if anything, I'll hopefully get a date out of it, some good food and feedback about myself, and can chalk it all up to experience. I'm always down for new experiences.

I guess it also beats the attempts of my dad's cronie-coworkers trying to vie for my attention. No I WILL NOT MAKE OUT WITH YOU! You, may I remind you, are engaged.
More on that topic later.

No comments: