Pages

Friday, February 4

Luke 15:3-73 Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.”

So, I have been feeling a little forgotten, and a little left out. A lie, I know. But still feelings are feelings and it's not like I can suddenly make them go away with the click of a button. However, I have tried. The internet is such a seductive place. It will make you lose time and space and and all sense of decency. You forget who you are in so many ways, and yet you act out who you implicitly are; who you want to be, and yet who you hide away from the rest of the world. The internet allows you to be someone who you are and are not and have been and have strayed from being. I wonder sometimes how little telephones lines that hold lines of code allow so much sin and fascination. And how they just seem to disappear just as easily as they appeared. There is no record of these wrongs. They are so easy to erase. But you know you were there. This lie I have told myself over and over, that I am forgotten, and that no one will know, has followed me here today, and I have spat in it's face. I will not be lied to again. I will not be hurt my my own sin. Because I am the sheep that God has chased after. And He loves ME!

No comments: