Pages

Friday, January 14

Single And...

Still young. I have to remind myself that unlike so many of those that write on the subject of singlness, I have nearly ten years until I truly experience what they are talking about. I have quite near forgotten that every day since I turned eighteen. I have instead focused on the fact that I am alone in many ways, and that I almost prefer it that way. But as I get (a little) older, I realize I don't want to be alone forever. So I have begun to desperately seek out single men around me. They are everywhere and yet they seem to sink into holes of sinking sand just as soon as I spot them. These sands are full of other single women my age also realizing they want no longer to be independent from their parents, friends, and society around them as a whole, but to be in close relationship with someone. Someone who will know them inside and out; and to in turn know that person so intimately that it is a new experience with every old one. I feel sometimes like I am much older than I actually am. And I wonder if this facilitates my desire for relationships much more than any other else's. But then I realize that I am not abnormal, or special, and everyone feels this way. Single and looking.

1 comment:

Craig Schwarze said...

Heya Jaye,

Easy to say, but dont sweat it being single. The word "single" means "separate, complete and whole". Thats how God made you - you are not half a person! Thats one of the lessons I've learnt on my journey of singleness, at any rate...