Pages

Wednesday, September 22

Insecurity

When I see a couple, I don't think they look cute, or that they complement each other's personalities well. Sometimes I do. But usually, I wonder what it is about that girl that makes that guy choose her over me day after day.

I met one of my coworkers girlfriends today. Me and my coworker have a playful working relationship, and I feel confident around him. But the moment I met his girlfriend, I crumbled. What is the secret to their relationship that holds them together when someone like me, who is fun and mature and attractive enough, comes into the picture? What makes me even think that? Why me I think that?

Is my confidence then derived from the response I obtain from those around me? Am I user driven, essentially? Am I more dependent than I thought I was or ever tell anyone I am? Or tell myself?

No comments: